Disco Beaver From Outer Space (1978) Full of dated references and probably offensive to most modern sensibilities. Perfect time capsule of the late 70s. TIL: Just like some passages in the Bible, some things have to viewed through the lens of the time period they were created in.
Your daily dose of culture courtesy of The Hypnotic Eye (1960) - "A democratic civilization will save itself only if it makes the language of the image into a stimulus for critical reflection, not an invitation for hypnosis.” - Umberto Eco
It looks like we’re getting close to the end of the Facebook…
10 Day Album Challenge-
In no particular order, post 10 of your all time favorite albums, one per day. Choose music that really made an impact on you and is still something you listen to, even if only occasionally. Post the cover; no need to explain why you chose it.
Day 7 of 10 days.
No explanation, but I will provide a track list for this schizophrenic, oddly named compilation...
- The Hustle - Van McCoy
- Walking in Rhythm - The Blackbyrds
- Rockin' Chair - Gwen McCrae
- Don't Call Us, We'll Call You - Sugarloaf
- Lady - Styx
- I Wanna Dance Wit' Choo - Disco Tex and the Sex-O-Lettes
- Disco Queen - Hot Chocolate
- Hey You - Bachman-Turner Overdrive
- Never Can Say Goodbye - Gloria Gaynor
- Doctor's Orders - Carol Douglas
- Shame, Shame, Shame - Shirley & Company
- Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas
- Spirit of the Boogie - Kool & the Gang
- Will It Go Round in Circles - Billy Preston
- Rock Your Baby - George McCrae
- Swing Your Daddy - Jim Gilstrap
- Rockin' Soul - Hues Corporation
- Rock and Roll All Nite - Kiss
- Express - B.T. Express
Post a Comment