Wednesday, May 06, 2020

DAILY CALL SHEET: MAY 6, 2020


Fiend (1980) Don Dohler does demon possession. Valiant effort, but he probably should have just stuck with his rubber monster suits. TIL: In B.C. Greece, demon meant any spirit of a lower order between gods and men. So, no, Socrates did not claim inspiration from an evil spirit.


Dad Rock Diary: Cyndi Lauper - She's So Unusual (1983) Yeah, yeah, there's a heap of covers here, but she absolutely makes them all her own. Great 80's stuff. Laudable Lyrics: Cause I'm crawling back, I'm searchin' the right track. I'm standin' - at last I'm sure.


And finally, Geeks Under Grace take another look at Army of Darkness and still love it, despite its "uncommented upon ironic egotism, bravado, and selfishness." Personally, I think Ash's personality pretty much speaks for itself with no need for further comment :)

No comments: