Saturday, January 08, 2022

DAILY CALL SHEET: JANUARY 8, 2022

The Witchmaker (1969) Nice girl is targeted for membership by a coven that hates garlic. Goofy and cheap, but some actual nice camerawork here and there. TIL: Legend says St. Columba met Christ who told her if she kept being a witch she would never enter heaven. She chose wisely.

Dad Rock Diary: Rod Stewart - Every Picture Tells a Story (1971) Yeah, yeah, but actually, surprisingly good. Even the overplayed Maggie Mae fits in well here. Laudable Lyrics: If you've ever seen how wars are won, you know what it's like to wish peacetime would come.

2 comments:

Steven Arellano Rose Jr. said...

I saw a commercial for Witchmaker when I was a kid. It looked a little to glory for me. But now that I'm older maybe it will be different.

I'm not too familiar with his albums but I do like several songs by Rod Stewart especially from the 70s.

EegahInc said...

It's nowhere near gory by today's standards. Definitely goofy though, especially when the members of the international coven show up and each get an introduction like they're comic book supervillains.