Thursday, September 15, 2011

SHORT FEATURE – JUST YOU, JUST ME

You know, after all the garbage I had to deal with last month, you can’t blame me for thinking I might catch a little break this month. Alas, life had to get in just one more slap in the face today. But you know what, sometimes I just can’t seem to get too worked up about things. It’s like the Catechism says, “true happiness is not found in riches or well-being, in human fame or power, or in any human achievement - however beneficial it may be - such as science, technology, and art, or indeed in any creature, but in God alone, the source of every good and of all love.” And having internalized that truth as best I can, well, sometimes I just feel so grateful and full of God’s happiness that I get a little giddy, no matter what’s going on. And that’s okay, because as the Bible tells us, there is a time to weep and a time to mourn, but darn it… there’s also a time to dance.

“Dear Lord, I do not know what will happen to me today. I only know that nothing will happen that was not foreseen by You, and directed to my greater good from all eternity. I adore Your holy and unfathomable plans, and submit to them with all my heart for love of You, the Pope, and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Amen.”

2 comments:

Rocket Scientist said...

I loved the cop. The music is reminiscent of Big Band music from the depression, design to lift you up out of your cares. Hope your day goes better!

EegahInc said...

You nailed it. The song first appeared in the 1929 film Marianne, though the best version is probably the later one by the Nat King Cole Trio.