Saturday, January 25, 2020

DAILY CALL SHEET: JANUARY 25, 2020


Hellraser (1987) Demons in bondage gear prey on those who seek pleasure through extreme physical experiences. Set the tone of horror for years to follow. TIL: Per St. Teresa, external sensations are meaningless in true spiritual ecstasy as the activity of the senses is suspended.


Tinseltown Testaments: Night of the Hunter (1955) "You know, when you're little, you have more endurance than God is ever to grant you again. Children are humanity's strongest. They abide."



Things To Come: Blumhouse's new take on Fantasy Island looks to be even darker than the 90's reboot with Malcolm McDowell. I think I know where it might be going, though. We'll see. The key is not messing up Mr. Roarke.

See, it was clear in the original that Roarke was an immortal force for good, even putting the smack down on Satan (Roddy McDowall!). Somehow, though, I doubt the reason for his victory would fly with today's cult of politics.


2 comments:

Arkanabar T'verrick Ilarsadin said...

This has absolutely nothing to do with your post, but I found it imperative to bring this to your attention:
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/markshea/2020/01/velocipastor.html

EegahInc said...

On Prime? Well, I guess I know what I'm watching tomorrow.