Saturday, February 08, 2020

DAILY CALL SHEET: FEBRUARY 8, 2020


The Fall of the House of Usher (1928) Whoa. Did this surreal dreamlike version of the Poe tale scare David Lynch's mother while she was pregnant or what?. TIL: DalĂ­ considered surrealism the perfect genre for representing Catholicism's supernatural realities in his paintings.


Tinseltown Testaments: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."


Dad Rock Diary: R.E.M. - Murmur (1983) Confession: Stipe's voice has always kind of grated on me. Still, this debut full of college classroom punk is required listening for any alt-rock fan. Laudable Lyrics: If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to hesitate.


And finally, three movies well worth... reading? Well, the Vatican certainly thinks so. My latest for Aleteia.

No comments: