Tuesday, March 31, 2020

DAILY CALL SHEET: MARCH 31, 2020


The New Gladiators (1988) Evil corporation mashes-up motorcycles and Roman combat to raise ratings. Basically Fulci rips off The Running Man and that's okay. TIL: Christians were rarely, if ever, allowed to be gladiators because Rome considered it too honorable a death for them.


Tinseltown Testaments: The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957) “All this vast majesty of creation, it had to mean something. And then I meant something, too. Yes, smaller than the smallest, I meant something, too. To God, there is no zero."


Dad Rock Diary: Fairport Convention - Fairpoint Convention (1968) Folksters find their footing. The best would come later, but this debut has its moments. Laudable Lyrics: Well, I wish someone would help me, this decision is mine, and my morals and emotions are hard to combine.

No comments: