Wednesday, August 22, 2007

SHORT FEATURE: JAC MAC AND RADBOY

How's about a little more pedal to the metal excitement to go along with this week's main feature! It's The Fast and The Furious meets Dante's Inferno.



Now put down that cold brew-ha-ha and turn to paragraph 1809 in the Catechism where we read, "Temperance is the moral virtue that moderates the attraction of pleasures and provides balance in the use of created goods. It ensures the will's mastery over instincts and keeps desires within the limits of what is honorable. The temperate person directs the sensitive appetites toward what is good and maintains a healthy discretion: "Do not follow your inclination and strength, walking according to the desires of your heart." Temperance is often praised in the Old Testament: "Do not follow your base desires, but restrain your appetites." In the New Testament it is called "moderation" or "sobriety." We ought "to live sober, upright, and godly lives in this world." So BYOB leeches, just in moderation.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Liquid television. That takes me back. That Dante-esque ending is burned in my memory.

EegahInc said...

Just showing my age. Again.

I couldn't help but notice on your blog that you play, among other things, surf music. I haven't done a beach movie yet. (SATISFACTION DOESN'T COUNT!)I think I definitely need to throw one of those in sometime next month.

Unknown said...

Yep. Funny you should mention that. Because one of my former bandmates from The Madeira (http://www.surfguitar101.com/TheMadeira/index.html) Was in another band called Destination: Earth! Which is also a 50's B-toon about how capitalism will save the martians.

D. G. D. Davidson said...

That cartoon really disturbed me.

dadwithnoisykids said...

OFF TOPIC:

You left this on a recent post on my blog:

"Looks like you're gonna need a bigger library :)"

Great reference to a movie: Jaws!