Saturday, March 28, 2020

DAILY CALL SHEET: MARCH 28, 2020


Sci-Fighters (1996) Roddy Piper hunts down an invulnerable virus-spreading rapist from the moon. Mediocre, but Billy Drago is reliably creepy as always. TIL: Catholics are morally obligated not to knowingly infect others with a sickness, superseding even the duty to attend mass.


Dad Rock Diary: Bad Brains - Bad Brains (1982) Who said hardcore punk was just for disgruntled white kids? Also includes bonus reggae for those who like to picture Bob Marley with a Mohawk. Laudable Lyrics: Well I say, say I'm leaving this Babylon. I'm leaving this Babylon.


Life's Like A Movie: Something about the COVID-19 precautions at my local post office sure seemed familiar. Safe to say, the contents of the certified package I was picking up were a bit different than what the State of Illinois had in their bin for Joliet Jake. Oddly enough, this delineating of spaces made me think about how much I'd love for them to bring back altar rails. They're a perfect piece of psychological architecture, accentuating the sanctuary as the “Holy of Holies” and communicating just how special communion is.

No comments: