If by some odd chance you haven’t heard yet, March 15 (tomorrow) is Catholic Media Promotion Day.
To help spread the word about all the excellent Catholic blogs, podcasts, and other media out there, The Willits from The Catholics Next Door have created a Facebook page over at Facebook.com/PromoteCatholicism and everyone who “likes” that page will be entered to win an iPad2.
Then, on March 15 (again, tomorrow), everyone with a blog, podcast, or Facebook page is encouraged to list their favorite 3 blogs, 3 podcasts, 3 other media, 3 random Catholic things online, and their own projects, and then post the link to their list on the Facebook page.
The nice folks over at Faith & Family Live also suggest the following:
- Go to iTunes and leave positive reviews for your three favorite Catholic podcasts and Catholic apps
- Email your family, friends, fellow parishioners and contacts with the good news about your favorite three blogs, podcasts, Catholic media outlets, and three other Catholic “gems” online
- Contact your local newspaper and tell them about Catholic Media Promotion Day, sharing the good news about media initiatives that are supporting the work of the Church
- As your local parish to list Catholic podcasts, blogs, apps, and other media initiatives, and offer a few great suggestions to help them get started - volunteer to be a “Catholic Media Liaison” for your parish by supplying this information in the bulletin on a regular basis
- Consider starting your own blog or podcast and share your faith using Facebook, Twitter and other new media technologies
- Pray for all of those involved in Catholic media, that the good news of the Gospel may be spread in new and exciting ways, reaching out to the ends of the earth
So get out there and promote your favorite Catholic media. And if your standards are low enough and you don’t mind people looking at you funny, you can even throw in a plug for this site as well.