Tuesday, April 09, 2013

THE B-LIST: QUESTIONABLE MUSICAL MOMENTS #13 – EVIL DEAD THE MUSICAL

Believe it or not, my assignment this week over at Aleteia was to review the new Evil Dead movie. Hey, it’s a dirty job, but somebody’s gotta do it, right? Now what some people forget is this is not the first time Sam Raimi’s cult classic has been reimagined. But that’s understandable, I suppose, because about the only way to see the previous reboot was to take a stroll down to your local community theater…

Ah, poor Annie. Oh well, not everyone is called to be in a relationship after all. The Catechism points out that “single men and women [can] embrace the gift of celibacy while living alone, with a family or with others who are single,” and that by doing so, “they are able to devote time and energy in service of others, and may serve in their parish community or in the Church in a number of different ways.” So buck up Annie, not everybody has to have a man. In your case, I’d seriously consider the celibate lifestyle. The male population would be most grateful.

2 comments:

Scott W. said...

I experienced Evil Dead 2 before the first. In college I was rooting through my buddies' VHS collection and saw one labeled "Evil Dead 2 (watch only if really drunk)".

EegahInc said...

I'd suggest people go see the new Evil dead on an empty stomach.