Thursday, April 26, 2018

DAILY CALL SHEET: APRIL 26, 2018

Evil Laugh

Evil Laugh (1986) Chocolate covered Joey from F13 Part 5 directs Scott Baio's brother in a film that tries (TRIES) to be self-aware like Scream before Scream even existed. TIL: Lack of self-awareness makes us blame others for our faults. Who do the filmmakers blame for this mess?

Encounters of the Spooky Kind II

Your daily dose of culture courtesy of Encounters of the Spooky Kind II (1989) - "One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives." – Euripides

a144

As I headed off to see Avengers: Infinity War, I couldn’t help but recall the first issue of Avengers I ever bought. I was nine or ten. Yeah, I've got some history with these guys. I can't believe I've lived to see a day where every character on this cover has been in a movie/TV series. (The lady in the center is Patsy [Trish] Walker for all you non-comic reading Jessica Jones fans out there.)

Now, as for Avengers: Infinity War, maybe I'll put up a longer review of at some point, but for now I'll just say it's a gut punch. Any JPII fans out there will instantly recognize Thanos as the embodiment of the self righteous culture of death. Wonder if Marvel realized that as they were making it?

No comments: