Sunday, May 26, 2019

DAILY CALL SHEET: MAY 26, 2019


Ruby (1977) Part Exorcist, part J.D.'s Revenge, part... Sunset Blvd? This gangster/possession flick is obviously a jumbled mess, but Piper Laurie makes it fun. TIL: Weary of their ways, the Pope announced in June 2014 that all members of the Italian mafia were excommunicated.


Still Voices - End of Days (1999) "I see crosses at every turn. My flesh shudders over it, but my heart adores them." - St. Francis de Sales


Dad Rock Daily: The Beatles - Abbey Road (1969) The lad's true swan song has flaws and filler, but is still an album most artists would kill to have produced. Laudable Lyrics: And in the end, the love you take Is equal to the love you make. (What else were they going to be?)

2 comments:

John Meyers said...

When I saw the album cover, I immediately knew your lyric choice (I made the same mistake many years ago!).
But it's not exactly Christian. Can we ever equal God's love for us?
So I'll just "get a belly full of wine" instead. ;-)
John

EegahInc said...

I was actually waiting for someone to bring that up :) You're absolutely right in the one sense that if taken as a mathematical formula the lyric is akin to karma, which is definitely not how God's free gift of grace works. But, since the song was written by McCartney, who I believe at the time had abandoned eastern mysticism in favor of a soft agnosticism, I feel just as safe interpreting it in the sense of Acts 20:35 where "it is more blessed to give than to receive." Either way, the line can definitely be used as a jumping off point for some interesting discussions.