Friday, June 07, 2019

DAILY CALL SHEET: JUNE 6, 2019


Record City (1978) Rick Dees, Ruth Buzzi, Gallagher, and other idiots hang out at a record store. Not terrible, but you'll reek of the 70's for hours afterwards. TIL: Speaking of vinyl, in 1982, John Paul II actually reached #71 in the charts with his recording The Pilgrim Pope.


Still Voices - Big (1988) - “I have lived a great deal among grown-ups. I have seen them intimately, close at hand. And that hasn’t much improved my opinion of them.” - Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry


Dad Rock Daily: Blue Oyster Cult - Spectres (1977) Any album that opens with an ode to Godzilla is A-OK with me. That most of the rest of these stadium rockers are just as good is just icing on the cake. Laudable Lyrics: I only live to be born again! I only live to be born again!

No comments: