Friday, April 12, 2019

DAILY CALL SHEET: APRIL 12, 2019


The War of the Gargantuas (1966) Behemoth-sized monster siblings, one good and brown, the other bad and green, duke it out in Japan. Pretty sure this is the definition of fun. TIL: It's like Cain and Abel; it never turns out good when one brother doesn't do what's right.


Still Voices - Sunshine (2007) "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." - Helen Keller


Dad Rock Daily: Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Waters (1970) Title track has one of the all time great vocals, and it's arguably not even the best song on the album. Laudable Lyrics: Everywhere I go I get slandered, libeled, I hear words I never heard In the Bible.


And finally, this week for Aleteia I review the latest hot take on Mary Magdalene and discover truth in the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it."

2 comments:

John Meyers said...

Nice try to salvage good lyrics from that song.
But context is key and that isn't exactly a song full of good things.
Nice tune though.
John

EegahInc said...

Some of these have been really hard to find a lyric that works. Some albums I've just abandoned and moved on to the next :)