Friday, April 26, 2019

DAILY CALL SHEET: APRIL 26, 2019


Heartstopper (1989) Colonial-era Tory vampire putters about Pittsburgh, bemoans democracy, and befriends a priest. Dull, dull, and, oh yes, dull. TIL: JPII wrote that true democracy requires the rule of law and the correct conception of the human person. Don't get me started.


Still Voices - Jurassic Park (1993) "There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers


Dad Rock Daily: Otis Redding - Otis Blue: Otis Redding Sings Soul (1965) Need to know what 60's Soul was all about? Listen and be schooled. Laudable Lyrics: Please wash away all my fears, oh now Good God Almighty, help me.


And finally, for Aleteia this week, I give my first impressions of Avengers: Endgame. I say impressions rather than review as I am loathe to give any spoilers until everyone has seen the movie. Hurry and do so, please, so we can talk about it.

No comments: