Tuesday, February 26, 2019

DAILY CALL SHEET: FEBRUARY 26, 2019


Bloodmoon (1997) Martial arts maniac murders champions to prove he's the best. Above average fight choreography belies its shoestring budget. TIL: The inordinate desire for lasting recognition in the minds of others is a corruption of the innate desire for eternal life.


Still Voices - From Hell It Came (1957) “He that planteth a tree is a servant of God, he provideth a kindness for many generations, and faces that he hath not seen shall bless him.” - Henry Van Dyke


Dad Rock Daily: The Beatles - Help (1966) Fab phase two Beatles with barely a clunker in the bunch. Forget "Yesterday" (if that's possible), “You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away” is my go to on this one. Laudable Lyrics: Big and black the clouds may be, time will pass away.

And finally, as is well known, it is the policy of this blog to avoid politics at all costs. We are here for fun, entertainment, and edification (well, what little we can manage given the subject matter). But I’ve about had enough. I won’t go into details; I’ll just say that given recent occurrences both in the Church and in our government, I think it’s time to bring back one of my old videos that perfectly captures how I feel right this moment…


No comments: