Friday, May 17, 2019

THE JUKEBOX HERO HYMNAL: Hymn 031: Content by Pete Townshend

We haven't added to the Jukebox Hero Hymnal for awhile, but after listening to Pete Townshend's album Who Came First for one of my Dad Rock Daily posts on Instagram, I knew there were two songs that demanded inclusion. The first is this one...


As some of you who are pals with me on Facebook may know, barring a miracle (which I've witnessed before and steadfastly believe in, so prayers please), my older brother Doug is in his final days with us. Unsurprisingly, this has caused me to spend some time reflecting on where I am in my own life. I could use some work (who couldn't?), but overall, I can feel what the lyrics of this song are saying...

I am ready to learn and grow
I am alone with the truth
I am brave, what is there to fear
I am strong, God supports me
I am patient, each moment of eternity
I am able to help when necessary
I am happy singing in the arms of God

I am balanced, keeping mind and heart equal
I am complete when I forget myself
I am receptive to each message of love
I am responsive to all that lives
I am happy singing in the arms of God
Enough, I am content
I am content

A sincere thanks to all who have offered and continue to offer their prayers for my brother and his family during this time.

No comments: