Monday, October 14, 2019

DAILY CALL SHEET: OCTOBER 14, 2019


Repo Man (1984) Infinitely quotable cult classic follows one punk's meaningless journey into the intense world of debt collectors and alien hunters. TIL: God calls us to service, not servitude. It's our culture which urges us to spend beyond our means, making us slave to debt.


Still Voices - Mesa of Lost Women (1953) "You have given my heart more joy than they have when grain and wine abound. In peace I will lie down and fall asleep, for you alone, Lord, make me secure." -Psalms 4:9


Dad Rock Daily: Billy Preston - Encouraging Words (1970) The Let It Be sessions gang reunites for some nice gospel-tinged funk. Laudable Lyrics: You know sometimes when I stop and think about how good God has been to me, I have to raise my voice and sing one to him.

No comments: