Wednesday, October 09, 2019

DAILY CALL SHEET: OCTOBER 8, 2019


Pure (2019) Sloppy attempt at savaging evangelical purity culture. Just because you find the Duggars scary doesn't grant you carte blanche to make something this stupid. TIL: Pope JPII's Theology of the Body respects chastity while also acknowledging that sex is a good thing.


Still Voices - Underworld: Evolution (2006) "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." - Bernard Williams


Dad Rock Daily: Gram Parsons - Grievous Angel (1973) Austin City Limits debuted shortly after this album's release. Coincidence? I think not. Laudable Lyrics: In my hour of darkness, in my time of need, Oh, Lord grant me vision, Oh, Lord grant me speed.


And finally, if my review of Joker was a bit too brief, then be sure to pop by Catholic Skywalker’s place for his much more detailed take on the film.

No comments: