Monday, February 03, 2020

DAILY CALL SHEET: FEBRUARY 3, 2020


The Tomb of Ligeia (1964) A morose lord's second marriage is complicated by his first wife's lingering spirit. Lesser of Corman's Poe cycle, but still top tier fun. TIL: Jealous ghosts or not, second marriages following the death of a spouse are fully recognized by the Church.


Dad Rock Diary: Dokken - Tooth And Nail (1984) L.A. glam rock splits its time between getting heavy and making sure M-TV had something to play. Laudable Lyrics: I don't know who to believe, but I know who's gonna set me free, cause I'll be waiting when heaven comes down.


Things To Come: SAINT FRANCES In 2014 the pro-abortion rom-com Obvious Child garnered unabashed critical praise but tanked at the box office. This time will be different, though, right? I mean, haven't people been clamoring for a feel good abortion flick?

No comments: