Saturday, May 08, 2010

COMING ATTRACTIONS: TALES FROM THE CRYPT: DEMON KNIGHT

For some strange reason, even though the blog was down for a few weeks, I seem to have actually picked up some new readers. That’s the Internet for you. Oh well, ours is not to reason why. Ours is but to do and die. Or at least do. Because dying for a blog would be, well, stupid.

Anyway, for those of you new to the site, I happily take requests (or more typically challenges) for my longer mega-reviews. The only stipulations are that, with few exceptions, the movies should be low budget for their time period and preferably be something you could have caught at a drive-in.

Our next feature, Demon Knight, comes courtesy of our friend Xena Catolica who, as we’re learning more and more, paid to see some crazy stuff back in the early 90s. Enjoy the trailer, the review will be here… eventually.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! I didn't pay to see it big screen! I rented it while living/teaching in an isolated men's college on a cattle ranch....um, okay this protest isn't coming out too well. But did YOU see it big screen? I think some of the big winged demon scenes would have been better that way.

glad it met the criteria

Xena Catolica

EegahInc said...

Actually, I missed this one when it was released in theaters. But I made up for it by going to see Tales From The Crypt: Bordello Of Blood when it came out.

Not that I'm proud of that.

Anonymous said...

So when are we going to have a review of that masterpiece? I haven't seen it.

Things like this make me glad I can use a pseudonymn. Bwahahahah!!

Xena Catolica

EegahInc said...

"So when are we going to have a review of that masterpiece?"

Now come on, we have to have some standards around here, don't we?

Anonymous said...

Gonna go check out The Burrowers at the library today. Looks promising (for cheesiness that is). If you haven't seen it, I'll let you know if it has that B-movie quality.

Anonymous said...

Ok, nevermind. The Burrowers is like a real movie and stuff. It's actually not bad. It didn't scare me, but that's just because I'm jaded, but it had decent suspense, there are probably not many horror-Westerns out there, and Clancy Brown is fun to watch, especially his line, "If you so much as touch that gun again without my say so, I'm gonna holster it in your ---!"

EegahInc said...

I'll have to check out The Burrowers. As for others, let's see. I toughed it out and watched High Plains Invaders a couple of weeks ago. If you want "bad", that's the way to go. There's also been a few recent zombie westerns out there, but I can't think of the names off the top of my head. If you prefer the classics there's always Billy the Kid vs. Dracula and Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter.

PaperSmyth said...

"Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter?" That's a real thing? You're making me wish I had the money for NetFlix!

Xena, I have too, too many questions about that "protest." :)

EegahInc said...

Not to worry, it's in the public domain. I got my copy at the dollar store, but you can just watch it for free at the Internet Archive. http://www.archive.org/details/jesse_james_meets_frankesteins_daughter